Friday, June 26, 2009

Welcome to the Jane Austen Challenge


I’m a self confessed bibliophile and book blog stalker. I enter to win free books (I’ve won two already!) and I leave comments all the time about my favorite reads. One I follow is Stephanie’s Written Word. Stephanie has issued a challenge – a Jane Austen challenge – that is. Over the next 6 months (July 1, 2009 – Jan 1, 2010) you Jane Austen addicts are to imbibe yourself on SIX Jane Austen themed items – her original novels, movies, biographies, Austen-knock off lit – it’s up to you. You can read her original post for all the details and ideas.

I have many challenges going on this summer – Artist’s Challenge, Knitting Challenge – why not add a Jane Austen challenge to the mix.

My 6 challenge items are:

Books:
Persuasion, by Jane Austen
Persuasion
Austenland by Shannon Hale
Austenland
Jane Austen: A Life by Claire Tomalin
Jane Austen: A Life
Movies:
P&P with Colin Firth
S&S with Emma Thompson/Kate Winslet
Emma w/Gwyneth Paltrow

Happy Austen-induced romance everyone!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad you are joining in!! S&S with Emma Thompson is my favorite movie!

Amy said...

how fun! Especially the movies, yum yum Colin Firth.

I just checked out "The Help" from the library. Looking forward to it! Grateful for your reviews on goodreads!

Heather G. said...

Yeah, glad you are joining in! I love the look of your blog! Can't wait to see your reviews. Austenland is fun and those movies are superb as well!